Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kshinhale  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 12:21:44 PM(UTC)
kshinhale

Groups: Registered

Just want to share my successful fix with others! Read this before you do something expensive like replacing your timer/control panel!!! Dishwasher was stopping after the wash mode with the lights on control panel going out. There was still water in bottom of dishwasher but it seemed to drain if I pushed the CANCEL button. I first thought something was messed up in the timer or control mechanism and tried reseting the circuit breaker...no help...when I started it up again the same thing happened. Pressed CANCEL to drain it again and then removed the spinner arm from the bottom of dishwasher and continued with the removal of each subsequent part beneath the spinner arm. (As a novist, I take care to line up the parts in reverse-order so that re-assembly is a piece of cake!) When I got all the parts off, I discovered that the dishwasher had not actually drained completely. I tried snaking out the drain but couldn't get past the first bend. Next I tried sucking it out with a turkey baster (it's a girl thing :)!) when my son walked in and suggested I try his shop vac. Be sure to take the filter out of your shop vac as you will be sucking out water. Place the hose end tightly over the drain hole (do your best to create a seal), turn on the vac and suck away. I did it 3 times until I no longer heard the water and sludge comming thru the hose...this is what I call REVERSE DRAIN CLEANING! It worked like a charm. When I put the unit back together and started it up, it all worked perfectly normal. So before you think you need an expensive part like a timer, make sure your drain is clear....apparently the timer will shut down and not proceed to the next cycle if the water is not draining properly. Hope your repair goes as well as mine, Novist Karen
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.