Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hendricksd  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:28:03 PM(UTC)
hendricksd

Groups: Registered

[FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]Whirlpool Quiet Partner III GU2500XTPQ3 S/N FS3014777 Installed new 10-1-2005[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]Dishwasher won’t start. I press AccuSense and its light comes on and the Heated Dry light also comes on solid (as it normally was set up to do, but 2 dashes are displayed (indicates door open – but door is closed). When Start is pressed nothing happens. This can be reset by pressing Cancel and all lights go OFF. If I press the Cancel/Drain 2 times the drain motor will come on with a 2 displayed and run for 2 minutes (heard a little water running the first time I did this.) Pressing the other buttons one at a time, the only one that lights is Soak & Scour, pressing it a second time it will go out. Using the Service Tech guide located behind the kick plate, I attempted to run the Service Diagnostic Cycle but no response or lights when pressing the Heated Dry, Normal, Heated Dry,Normal within 6 seconds. Using a digital Volt/ohm meter I checked both door switches and they were OK. I then detached the ribbon cable from the Control board and removed the keypad panel, then using the diode feature of my meter checked the keypad per the instructions/connections on the Service Tech sheet. All checked OK except High TempScour/High Temp Scrub P1-11+ tp P1-4 - (not on my keypad – I have High TempWash was not listed), nor Turbo (not on my keypad) nor China/Light, I do have Light P1-13 to P1-5 but no change of value when pressed. I also tried leaving the ribbon cable disconnected with the door open, applied power, waited 5+ seconds then closed the door to see if the drain motor would run for 2 minutes – it did not start. There is no indication of burnt components anywhere. Researching yourAppliancePartsPros.com website and talking with Crystal at customer support the Control Panel 3385745 (mine is labeled 8534979 White) and the Control Board 8564547 (mine is labeled 8564544) may be involved with my problem. Which one might it be, or both? I could order both and return the one that I do not need.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]Also, the fill valve makes excessive noise during the fill cycle (when it was previouslly working) and has been doing this for about 15 months. Do I need a new fill valve or can this one be disassembled and cleaned? If recommended to replace the part number would be 8531671.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]Please offer suggestions on both of these problems. hendricksd@aol.com[/FONT]

10/25/12 5 pm EDT have not had a reply - anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.