Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kat23  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 11:30:43 AM(UTC)
Kat23

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool washer, model #A680OXSN1. It is an older model. I mostly use the delicate cycle. The water fills ok but then when it starts to agitate it doesn't agitate for the full time. Then sometimes when the water starts to drain water will start to fill at the same time. Sometimes it won't agitate at all, it just doesn't do anything. It is starting to act like this on the regular cycle now to. What is wrong? Can I fix it myself? Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rickgburton  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 12:21:52 PM(UTC)
rickgburton

Groups: Expert

Originally Posted by: Kat23 Go to Quoted Post
model #A680OXSN1.

I couldn't get anything to come up with that number. Could you recheck it and read it off the tag on the machine

Originally Posted by: Kat23 Go to Quoted Post
doesn't agitate for the full time. Then sometimes when the water starts to drain water will start to fill at the same time.

Try different cycles and see if the same problem exists in all the cycles or just a couple.
Kat23  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:10:33 PM(UTC)
Kat23

Thanks for you response. Yes, that is the correct model#. I can read it clearly. It is a Whirlpool Super Capicity Imperial. I just ran the regular cycle and the agitation worked ok except at the begining of the 2nd spin cycle it spit out water for about 5 seconds, but it finished the cycle ok. Now, I have had the same problem with the regular cycle where it doesn't agitate, or only agitates for a short time, but not as much as I do with the delicate cycle. On the delicate cycle the agitation pretty much doesn't work correctly anytime. It either works only for a short time or doesn't work at all.
rickgburton  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:07:48 PM(UTC)
rickgburton

Is that a Canadian model washer? Do you know if it's direct drive or belt drive or front load? It sounds like a timer issue.
Kat23  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:09:48 PM(UTC)
Kat23

I don't know how to tell if it is Canadian. I don't live in Canada. I guess I would have to take it apart to tell if it is a belt drive or not and I haven't done that. If you think it is a timer issue, how do I replace that. Is it fairly easy?
rickgburton  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:15:44 PM(UTC)
rickgburton

That number you listed looks like a serial number, not a model number. Lift the washer lid and look for the tag towards the back of the opening. Whirlpool model numbers usually start with three letters and then four numbers like LAW5650-example only
Kat23  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:01:14 PM(UTC)
Kat23

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Kat23  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:05:32 PM(UTC)
Kat23

Originally Posted by: rickgburton Go to Quoted Post
That number you listed looks like a serial number, not a model number. Lift the washer lid and look for the tag towards the back of the opening. Whirlpool model numbers usually start with three letters and then four numbers like LAW5650-example only

Serial # is C84926889 Stock #LA68005
rickgburton  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:15:27 PM(UTC)
rickgburton

You're in the right area but it's not the stock number or the serial number. It should say model number somewhere in that area.
Kat23  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:57:01 AM(UTC)
Kat23

Originally Posted by: rickgburton Go to Quoted Post

That model # is on the same metal tag.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply