Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FarmerGuy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:21:00 PM(UTC)
FarmerGuy

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I'm looking for help.
I have a Maytag dishwasher that is not starting. The number pad is completely dark and unresponsive to touch.
I looked on-line including this forum, and found a few manuals/tech sheets to try to diagnose the problem. One of them, said that if I was getting power to the Control Board and it still wasn't working, to replace the control board. So i tried that. $150 later and still not working.
I checked all of the resistance readings on "page 5" of the Technical information. they all looked right except for the Thermistor (thru harnes with connector unplugged) where I got 2.5M when it said it should only be 10K. So I located the Thermistor underneath and pulled it out. I then checked the resistance where the orange and red terminals would connect on it. Now, i get a reading of just under 10K, which seems to be in the acceptable range - meaning it has not failed, I believe. I can see no nicks or cuts in the harness between the control board and the Thermistor (which maybe could give a higher resistance). i even plugged the Thermistor back in and got another "too high" reading. Not sure what to look at next. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FarmerGuy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:47:11 PM(UTC)
FarmerGuy

Ok, so perhaps it isn't the Thermistor. I am now able to get the correct resistance reading at the control board end of the harness for the thermistor (10K).
I have verified every single resistance value in the Maytag electrical diagnostics book, including Dispenser wash motor (2k ohm), Thermistor (10K), Heating element (16), drain motor (25), dishwasher motor (3-4 ohm), Water valve (1.1K). I don't believe that I have a vent wax motor (no purple wire).
I did not yet verify the limit thermostat. But if it failed, wouldn't i still get LED lighting up on my control panel?
I did verify each and every contact gets a 10K Ohm reading on the J1 (tiny, thin ribbon-style cable) connector between the contol panel and the control board.
I connect everything back up, turned the power on and nothing -- no lights on the control panel and no starting of the washer.
I verified the power to the control board and it is brand new control board. Could it be a bad new board? It was sealed in a box.
Any ideas what to check next?
I was getting ready to check the thermostat, but i thought that wouldn't prevent at least the LEDs from lighting on the control panel, right?
Any assistance is appreciated.
ketur900  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 10:17:47 PM(UTC)
ketur900

I am having the same problem with a Maytag MDBH940AWS. I've tested everything I can think of and replaced the control board but still no luck getting the front panel LED's to light up (the front panel buttons give the proper resistance at the control board when pressed.) Has a fix for this issue been found or is it better to just get a new dishwasher?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply