Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
g11171  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 5:28:01 PM(UTC)
g11171

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher will not drain completely. If I re-run the last drain 3 times, it finally gets all the water out.
My 1st thought is that there is food clogged in the filter or sump but I cannot figure out how to get at them to see. There are 2 screws on what I guess would be the sump cover. Removing the screws will not get the cover out of the way enough to see in it. It looks like the fine filter is in the way.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

g11171  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:01:35 AM(UTC)
g11171

I found a service manual and was able to remove & clean the filter and checked that the sump was clear. Unit still will not completely drain.
My wife now tells me that previous to the drain problem that the dishwasher was making intermitantly loud 'grinding' noises during the wash & rinse cycle.
Could this be a possible pump problem?
Simon / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:08:01 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Remove the drain hose from the air-gap and make sure there is no restrictions.

Simon.
g11171  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 3:05:50 AM(UTC)
g11171

There is no air-gap. I have already removed the drain hose and checked for clogs.

Thanks,

Bill
Simon / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:47:36 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

HI.

There is the check ball inside the sump in the tube.The check ball slides up and down working as a water valve. In drain - check ball is up, in the wash- down. See if some thing is restricting the movements of the check ball.

Thank you.

Simon.
g11171  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:14:46 AM(UTC)
g11171

I tore the thing apart over the weekend. Everything seemed ok except I noticed that if I toggle the drain valve flapper (inside the pump) that when the valve plunger is bottomed out in the coil, that the flapper does not seat firmly. There is abt 1/4" gap that would allow water back into the tub during tha drain cycle. Don't know if this is normal.

To make a long story short, I decided to buy a new washer since this one was a cheap, very basic unit.

Thanks for your help.
Simon / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:37:06 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

The flapper you've mentioned should be closing all the way.

Simon.
MkBrennanMD  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:24:40 PM(UTC)
MkBrennanMD

UserPostedImage

I had the same problem. The dishwasher would run, and at the end of the cycle there was water still inside the machine. I'm not an appliance expert, but I just went through some troubleshooting. You said you disconnected the hose from the sink to the bucket on the dishwasher. I did the same thing and took a video of doing it because apparently its a common problem. I think in your case, the hose isn't clogged between the sink and machine, but rather after the sink. If you have a food disposer, or even in the absence of it, I often found that accumulation of the machines byproducts became adherent after the hose-sink junction. I disconnected all of them, and it was clear that one part in the networking of the hoses was more prone to byproduct accumulation and clogging. The clog was white in color and tough. This stuff builds up over time, almost like someone's artery, and once clogged, your best bet is to throw it out, and get a new hose. Its a cheap solution, and is usually the cause. 30,000 ppl watched my video on dishwasher repair, and a lot of them reported the same issue and solution. My "how to" video on dishwasher repair may help. I used someone else's video when I approached this issue, and the videos helped... Here it is. Goodluck!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7uaA2NZKl0

Believe it or not, its not usually food clogging it up, but rather the soaps. You can see in the video I attached where the blockage usually occurs.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply