Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DELFONIK  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:29:10 AM(UTC)
DELFONIK

Groups: Registered

Hello, thank you in advance for taking the time to read this post, and possibly assisting.

I recently started having problems with my 6 year old Hotpoint Dishwasher, Model #HDA3400G02BB.

I'm not sure if I'm using the proper terminology, but sometimes when I turn the dial to the start position, it doesn't begin the normal wash cycle that I'm accustomed to hearing, which is like a powerful swishing sound. There definitely are times where it starts on the first attempt, but as of late, I have to turn the dial a few times before it will work.

The times when it doesn't start properly, as I turn the dial through the cycles, I can hear water filling, clicking sounds as it goes through the different cycles, and the detergent cup opening and dispensing. But I don't hear the swishing sound that is typical when it starts normally.

Any ideas of what this may be? As I said before, sometimes it starts on the first try, but lately I have to keep turning the dial and starting over til it works.

Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.