Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TJCEngr  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:12:02 AM(UTC)
TJCEngr

Groups: Registered

I have a Frigidaire FPHD2491KFO dishwasher. It goes through it's entire cycle except (seemingly) the drain cycle. When I open the dishwasher it has water in the bottom. I have searched many forums and gone through the standard easy "fixes," but none of them worked. These included:

1. Verifying the line to the garabage disposal was not plugged
2. Verifying the intake filter was not plugged in the bottom of the dishwasher.
3. Verifying nothing seems to be obstructing the impeller/pump (I put my fingers in there and could not feel anything).

I actually pulled the dishwasher out from the counter and put it up on a couple of blocks so that I could see everything clearly. I ran a cycle and sat with it the entire time. Water comes in with no problems, the wash cycle seems work fine (I can hear the water shooting around and the motor comes on), but it will not drain. It seems like there is a switch some where that might preventing it from working or, of course, I suppose it could be the motor. Only question is, isn't there just one motor on these things and it is used for both the wash cycle as well as draining out the water? I really have no idea how they work, but looking at the schematics and the various parts, this seems possible...but seriously...I don't know.
Does anyone have an idea what this might be. Of course the kicker to this whole thing is that I bought the unit in May of 2011 and here it is in July 2012...2 months out of warranty...crap. I called Frigidaire and they would not help me out.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TJCEngr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:50:23 AM(UTC)
TJCEngr

I think the dishwasher does have it's own drain pump. I'll check that out tonight. I suspect it has gone bad...just a guess.
lamimartin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:59:30 PM(UTC)
lamimartin

Originally Posted by: TJCEngr Go to Quoted Post
I have a Frigidaire FPHD2491KFO dishwasher. It goes through it's entire cycle except (seemingly) the drain cycle. When I open the dishwasher it has water in the bottom. I have searched many forums and gone through the standard easy "fixes," but none of them worked. These included:

1. Verifying the line to the garabage disposal was not plugged
2. Verifying the intake filter was not plugged in the bottom of the dishwasher.
3. Verifying nothing seems to be obstructing the impeller/pump (I put my fingers in there and could not feel anything).

I actually pulled the dishwasher out from the counter and put it up on a couple of blocks so that I could see everything clearly. I ran a cycle and sat with it the entire time. Water comes in with no problems, the wash cycle seems work fine (I can hear the water shooting around and the motor comes on), but it will not drain. It seems like there is a switch some where that might preventing it from working or, of course, I suppose it could be the motor. Only question is, isn't there just one motor on these things and it is used for both the wash cycle as well as draining out the water? I really have no idea how they work, but looking at the schematics and the various parts, this seems possible...but seriously...I don't know.
Does anyone have an idea what this might be. Of course the kicker to this whole thing is that I bought the unit in May of 2011 and here it is in July 2012...2 months out of warranty...crap. I called Frigidaire and they would not help me out.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

I just had a similar problem on mine. On mine there is a separate draining pump that did not receive any voltage from the timer board. On yours, you may likely have some valve solenoid that is not working or a faulty relay on the timer board that is faulty. In order to troubleshoot it properly, I suggest you download the service manual and follow the diagnostic procedure by elimination. Faulty timer board is the easiest of all repairs.
Good luck
bartmon  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:05:36 PM(UTC)
bartmon

Im having the same problem, was your drain pump bad?
partee23  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 6:57:25 AM(UTC)
partee23

Hello. Having same issue. Tech out 2 times and has not fixed problem. Tech replaced soap dispenser first time but wasnt the issue. Dishwasher turned on correctly when tech was here 2nd time. Problem started again after he left. Coming again for third time. Hopefully he fixes. What did problem end up being?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply