Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JDcam  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 5:19:01 PM(UTC)
JDcam

Groups: Registered

Hello,

We noticed a leak in our DW last night. On first inspection the drip appreared to be coming from one side of the heater element connection. On closer look today it seems the water is coming from the right edge of the outer tub. There is some type of seam or thick ridge in the plastic. from here the water is traveling to the left a few inches to the heater connection and dripping from there.

On the inside I can see no visible crack or flaw. I assume the tub is double walled with insulation or something inside. If true how do I determine where the water is coming from?

Thanks,
JDcam
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:11:56 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is your parts breakdown.
Replacement parts for Frigidaire GLD2250RDC6 DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com
[COLOR="Blue"]
I assume the tub is double walled with insulation or something inside. [/COLOR]
As far as I know it is single wall with an insulation blanket over that.
[COLOR="Blue"]
If true how do I determine where the water is coming from?[/COLOR]
Let it fill then stop it and see if it leaks.
Remove power (unplug or flip the breaker) then look for your leak.
A flashlight and a small mirror may help. A mirror like mechanics use is best, basically like a dentist's mirror but bigger. You may be able to tape a small mirror to a dowel at an angle to jiggery pokery one.

Since the leak is right at the back you may not be able to see anything even with a mirror.

If there is no leak when just sitting there you will have to pull the dishwasher. Could be it is leaking higher up on the tub or from the upper spray arm feed tube then running under the insulation down the back of the unit. In this case it should only leak when the unit is running.

Is the nut.nozzle holding the feed tube to the top of the tub tight/snug?

If you cannot find the leak you will have to run the unit when it is pulled out from the cabinet. This will be a pain as you will have to hook up the drain, electrical and water supply.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
JDcam  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 4:20:13 AM(UTC)
JDcam

Groups: Registered

thanks for the information

I am now focused on the top sprayer. It is possible the connection through the tub wall is leaking and running down the side.

I found the internal side of the fitting (nozzle?)to be very loose, and fell off with a simple half turn. This now exposes the hole and could be the source of the leak.

Question, on this nozzle it looks like it is designed for an O ring, yet nothing is there. Am I missing a gasket/seal?

JDcam
denman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 5:37:44 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I do not know.

Look at the part in question, click on it's picture and a new page will open often with more views and a Q&A section.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply