Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
martin78  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 11:12:48 AM(UTC)
martin78

Groups: Registered

Here's my model GSD5500G00CC Dishwasher: Body parts replacement parts for GE GSD5500G00CC | AppliancePartsPros.com

Unit runs but does not drain water at end. I have read many of the posts regarding this, and think I know what is going on but want to verify before I purchase the parts.

I did take the unit fully apart. No blockage or build up at all in the sump filter (#508), sump inlet (#505), dual pump hose (#332), pump (#325), body valve and check assembly (#560), or drain hose (#462).

I tested pump #325 and it runs when directly given electricity. Grey rubber/plastic impellor in it is fine. At the end of a cycle when the pump kicks on I can hear some water running down the sink drain after it discharges from the drain pipe.

Per another thread, I looked at the piston and nut (#564) and it appears to move freely up and down. However, if you stick your head in the dishwasher and look down at the piston and nut (#564) when it is in the up position there is a gap about 1/8" visible all the way around it. Is this supposed to seal shut? If so, mine is not. As a test, I stopped the cycle just before the final drain and rigged a plug for the hole from inside the dishwasher. With that hole plugged, all the water drained out just fine. Can I safely conclude this is my issue?

I tried to remove the piston and nut #564 from the inside of the dishwasher and could not. I then tried to remove the body valve and check assembly (#560) from underneath the dishwasher. I could not even after removing the 2 screws holding it on. I also could not pop the plastic cover off the body valve and check assembly (#560). If I need to replace the piston and nut, how in the world do I do this?

Do I also need to purchase the valve body gasket #560?

Thanks much

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.