Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Michalec  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2012 10:43:13 AM(UTC)
Michalec

Groups: Registered

Hello

I have an issue I have not been able to find on any of the troubleshooting websites.

When started I can hear the water entering the dishwasher for a couple minutes, but when it would usually start the washing / rinsing part of the process where the machine makes its usual running noise I hear nothing. No motor running, no water circulating or squirting, nothing. The clock keeps running and the machine never displays an error code. When I open the door the dishes are somewhat wet but it does not look like water has been squirting everywhere, and they are hot. When I cancel the cycle all the water drains back out.

Can someone tell me what I need to check or replace?

Thank You
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Michalec  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2012 7:11:31 PM(UTC)
Michalec

Groups: Registered

Slight update.

I pulled the dish washer out of the cabinet and after killing the power to it unplugged and plugged in every plug I could find. All the connections looked perfect with no corrosion and there is nothing obviously broken. I then pushed the door latch in with the door opened and turned the washer on.

Water filled the unit until it was just over the screen thing in the bottom. Once this was finished the washing cycle actually started. (Just because I had the door wide open most likely) Anyway, it ran for about 10 or 20 seconds then it made a noise like it was fixing to start something else and stopped. Switching gears maybe? After it stopped no water was spraying, no motors were running. It was just dead. I left it like this for a couple minutes while the door timer continued to count down then hit cancel and it sucked all the water back out and turned off. I tried the whole process a few more times. Sometimes the wash would start but would run for around 15 sec before making the noise and dying again. Other times the wash cycle would never start so that after it filled with water nothing else ever happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what do do next, other than buy a new dish washer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply