Discuss

Maytag Quiet Series 300 - won't start, won't latch

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

I have a Maytag Quiet Series 300 which was purchased and installed in November 2007. For several years now, on

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » Maytag Quiet Series 300 - won't start, won't latch

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 05:54 PM

jlblodgett is on a distinguished road
Question Maytag Quiet Series 300 - won't start, won't latch
Brand: Maytag   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a Maytag Quiet Series 300 which was purchased and installed in November 2007.

For several years now, on and off, I would have an issue where the dishwasher would not start. I would have the dishwasher closed, latched, and everything - but none of the buttons would do anything. Generally if I gave it some time (left it overnight or something) it would work the next day.

However, this week the "give it time" solution didn't work.

I did some investigating of the latch mechanism, because that is what I always assumed was the problem. I assumed that there was a safety feature in the dishwasher that if the machine didn't recognize that the door was latched, none of the buttons would work. I found that the mechanism ISN'T latching. Although the door is closed and I do hear a "click" - if I pull on the door by the sides of the door (not using the handle) it will pull right open.

I had a repair man come out today to look at the dishwasher. He advised me that the problem is NOT the latch, but is a control board. Now, I am a bit confused because the latch mechanism still isn't working - I pull on the door by the sides and it pops right open. Is the latch controlled by a computer component? I always assumed the latch was just mechanical - thus the reason there is a latch release lever.

Does this sound like a computer / electronic issue? Or a latch issue?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.