Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
billnheather  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 5:33:36 PM(UTC)
billnheather

Groups: Registered

I have replaced the pump and motor assembly and installed air gap. it wont drain completely. it leaves about 1/2 inch of water left in the bottom of d. washer.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:15:42 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for General Electric GSD2230Z05WW Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

Disconnect the drain line at the sin/disposal nd try draining it into a pail.
Be sure to hold the drain line securely and put a towel over the pail so water does not splash all over. This will eliminate the house plumbing as a possible cause.

Check that the wash/drain solenoid pulls all the way down in the drain cycle.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
sam0000  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2012 2:09:55 PM(UTC)
sam0000

Hi,

I have pretty much the same exact problem on my GE Dishwasher GSD2230Z04WW. I replaced the motor pump and assembly and now when I did the test run (rinse and hold cycle), it leaves about an 3/4 of an inch of water at the bottom when it is complete. I cleaned the air gap, checked the drain pipe and it all looks clean now...i did had to clean the air gap.

I diconnected the drain pipe from sink disposal to a bucket and ran the cycle again still have the same problem.

The solenoid also seem to pull all the way low during drain cycle. I am at loss and can use some tips that I can try.
denman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 12:57:53 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Sorry but I cannot be of much help without being there.
You replaced the pump so have probably cleaned out the sump etc.

You could remove the lower spray arm and look down the throat then manually actuate the wash/drain solenoid to be sure that the flapper valve is closing properly during drain.

Check that the little rubber bumper is in place in the middle of the flapper valve. If you look at the pump at AppliancePartsPros and click on it's picture a new page will open with more views you can see the bumper in the second view.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
MkBrennanMD  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 1:28:16 PM(UTC)
MkBrennanMD

I had the same problem. The dishwasher would run, and at the end of the cycle there was water still inside the machine. I'm not an appliance expert, but I just went through some troubleshooting. You said you disconnected the hose from the sink to the bucket on the dishwasher. I did the same thing and took a video of doing it because apparently its a common problem. I think in your case, the hose isn't clogged between the sink and machine, but rather after the sink. If you have a food disposer, or even in the absence of it, I often found that accumulation of the machines byproducts became adherent after the hose-sink junction. I disconnected all of them, and it was clear that one part in the networking of the hoses was more prone to byproduct accumulation and clogging. The clog was white in color and tough. This stuff builds up over time, almost like someone's artery, and once clogged, your best bet is to throw it out, and get a new hose. Its a cheap solution, and is usually the cause. 30,000 ppl watched my video on dishwasher repair, and a lot of them reported the same issue and solution. Feel free to watch it. ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7uaA2NZKl0

I do have a question, forget the arm in the bottom, because that's unlikely. Believe it or not, its not usually food clogging it up, but rather the soaps. Is your machine older than 2 yrs?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply