Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PILLCOTEX  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:02:11 PM(UTC)
PILLCOTEX

Groups: Registered

I have a maytag dishwasher and am having trouble with it completing a cycle. i can program it to start, but when it goes to start, the motor will give a quickspin (about 1/2 a turn) then it will stop. Then it will sit there and keep starting like i described until i cancel it or open the door. I pulled the circuit board out and it has two highly heated up resistors labeled R301 and R302. the circuit board is discolored at those connection sites. I realize i have to replace that, but the question is..... What made those resistors blow? ANY help will be appreciated ! ! !
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kawfeeman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:48:59 AM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

can you check motor start relay ?
PILLCOTEX  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2008 12:34:24 PM(UTC)
PILLCOTEX

Looks like the start relay is built into the circuit board (small blue box 1/2"x1")I do not know how to check it without specs on voltage....... the only other control is the overload switch.. Think that would do this?????
Thanks
Phil
BeginnerGuy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2008 6:11:19 PM(UTC)
BeginnerGuy

Phil (Pillcotex):

Did you figure out what caused your dishwasher to go bad? I have almost the exact same model...a little older. I think the same resistors are burned. Just wondering if you were able to diagnose it.

Thanks.
ccarm  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 4, 2008 5:53:00 PM(UTC)
ccarm

Sorry, I cant help with your problem, but I'm looking to by a used door panel,kick plate and the plastic cover for the controls for a MDB9150aws.
I'm converting a mdb9150awq to a mdb9150aws. Anyone ?
BeginnerGuy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2008 7:07:24 PM(UTC)
BeginnerGuy

Quick update...for my MDB9150AWW Maytag...I just installed a new control board this evening. Not too difficult. I made a picture of where the wires plug in before I removed the defective board. This was real helpful when putting the new board in.

Based on suggestions from others, I checked the wiring harness for defects. I found that there were a couple of wires where the plastic sheathing was cut through, but the copper wire looked unharmed. I found this down where the door hinges. It looks like a metal part from the door had been cutting into the wires somewhat. I'm not sure if this is what caused the control board to fail. Anyway, I used some electrical tape to tape up the wires, and then also to cover up and sharp metal edges.

When I was all done, I turned the power back on. Works like new! It is now on it's 2nd wash cycle.
poija01  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2009 5:12:56 AM(UTC)
poija01

BeginnerGuy,
Where did you find the replacement circuit board? I have the same problem down to the bare wires. I can't find the circuit board online anywhere.

Thanks
BeginnerGuy  
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 1:58:13 PM(UTC)
BeginnerGuy

I bought it online from AppliancePartsPros.com

Originally Posted by: poija01 Go to Quoted Post
BeginnerGuy,
Where did you find the replacement circuit board? I have the same problem down to the bare wires. I can't find the circuit board online anywhere.

Thanks
BeginnerGuy  
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 2:02:14 PM(UTC)
BeginnerGuy

MDB9150AWW
click on the link for the diagram. You can purchase from AppliancePartsPros.com.

The new circuit board is still working fine.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply