Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jr_V  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2012 7:06:17 PM(UTC)
Jr_V

Groups: Registered

Hello all,
My KitchenAid dishwasher is giving me problems once again. The problem...

I select Normal Wash
Hit Start
The dispenser would click open and door would stay open
DW would start filling
Dispenser solenoid would hold open during fill and wash cycle
Solenoid gets hot to the touch but shows no signs of overheating
Cycle would start wash cycle for a few seconds and then stop
Open door and close and would start for few seconds and stop
Hit cancel and drain DW

While I was investigating the dispenser, I pulled the touch pad and noticed the solenoid for the vent was cracked(see attached pic)
I assume there is something that makes the plunger move the rubber boot in and out but all that was in the back end is two terminals that the wires attach to sticking up in the broken plastic case. Seems to me that a piston was spit out of the back end and now nothing is in there to work the rubber plunger. It started with a really loud buzzing noise from the dispenser and I used to have to open door and close to restart. It would usually stop buzzing when I did that. The buzzing seemed to have quieted now but maybe because it is on its way out. Any thoughts on this. I really need to get this fixed as Ive put more money into it than I should have. Im into this for a new touch pad, control panel board, gasket set and new latch, all done by a trusted service tech. Now 4 months later its down again. I should have dumped it instead of fixing it but I hate trashing something if it can be repaired affordably. Too many things these days are throw away items....

Please help!
Thank You,
JR
Jr_V attached the following image(s):
Kitchenaid Vent solenoid.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.