Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joyceb  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2012 3:30:19 PM(UTC)
Joyceb

Groups: Registered

I have read through all the forums, but did not see my particular issue. I have a black Whirlpool quiet partner II with the normal light flashing continuously, model DU1145XTPB7. It is 6 years old. Both the cancel and normal lights were flashing, but when I cut the power, only the normal light flashes. I have tried every reset code that I have seen in the forums, but nothing cancels the normal light. In fact, the dishwasher does not respond to any of these codes. My husband has opened the consol, disconnected the ribbon and checked to ensure the ribbon is good. He also checked to ensure the buttons were getting power with his meter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2012 5:06:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The problem can be a bad control panel or a bad control board.

In order to determine which part exactly is the culprit, perform the test as described in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...s-reset-doesnt-help.html

The model number you posted is incomplete. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.
Joyceb  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 5, 2012 4:52:59 AM(UTC)
Joyceb

Groups: Registered

Gene,
Thanks for responding on this issue. I double checked the model number again. It is DU1145XTPB7, there are not any other numbers for the model number on the sticker. After I posted yesterday, I kept searching for a resolution. I had found another forum on how to determine if the problem was the control panel or keypad, so I tried that solution. Basically I had to unplug the ribbon. Anyway, after we reconnected everything, the dishwasher works for now. Hopefully, that solved everything.

But again I want to say thank you.
Joyce
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2012 1:50:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome Joyce. The problem could be a loose connection and hopefully it will last longer. The model number you posted second time is good.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply