Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimbmor  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 11:32:10 AM(UTC)
jimbmor

Groups: Registered

Replaced the solenoid valve on my Bosch Dishwasher (original valve was probably OK). Dishwasher does not wash still. I get water, but it just bubbles up an inch or so above the lower arm, no water makes it to the top. I stopped the cycle and did cancel - drain and the dishwasher pumped the water out.

So basically I get water, but not enough pressure to spin the arms (water doesn't even make it to the top arm.

Is the next step to replace the main pump or impeller?

Thanks for any help.

Jim
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 1:13:58 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Jim, Very good, Yes, you'll need to dismantle the pump assembly and check the impeller for damage, clogs or slippage.

Part number: AP2802376
Part number: AP2802376

Here's a little basic help :

RS696.pdf (498kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

Good Luck and Thanks,
File Attachment(s):
Binder1.pdf (207kb) downloaded 56 time(s).
jimbmor  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:56:02 AM(UTC)
jimbmor

Got parts from Appliance Parts Pros. Replaced impeller and other parts in kit. Dishwasher working again. Thanks for the help.

The .pdf file with instructions was very helpful!

Jim
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:09:25 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: jimbmor Go to Quoted Post
Got parts from Appliance Parts Pros. Replaced impeller and other parts in kit. Dishwasher working again. Thanks for the help.

The .pdf file with instructions was very helpful!

Jim

Jim,
We're glad everything worked out for you.
You're up and running, that's the most important thing. If you ever need an assist on your other appliances, we're here to help.

Thanks Again,
Beowing  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 1:38:15 PM(UTC)
Beowing

I have a Bosch SHE66C05/48, about 10 years old, and experienced the same problem. The unit would fill with water properly and also drain properly when the cycle was complete.

However, after the unit filled with water and it was time for the cleaning cycle, the circulation pump motor would hum and I would only get a miniscule amount of water coming out of the lower spray arm and it would not turn. The upper spray arm received no water and also did not turn.

After reading this and other posts on Appliance Pros, I decided to disassemble my washer to check out the circ. pump and motor. Obviously the motor was working fine, as the humming sound told me the motor was working. But when I disassembled the circ. pump, I found the impeller was in two pieces and the front of the impeller had welded itself to the front of the pump housing. I had to pry off the impeller with a pair of pliers. I then ordered and installed the Bosch Circ. pump rebuild kit #00167085 (about $75 on ********) and it worked like a champ.

If this is happening to your dishwasher, I would encourage you to try to do this repair yourself. There are several good video's on You Tube that will walk you through this repair. I am a very cautious worker and therefore go really slow when I'm doing jobs like this. It took me about 1.5 hours to completely disassemble the unit and about an hour to put it back together, including the repair. For 75 bucks, it is well worth it. You can do it! Thanks for the post.
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2017 7:53:49 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: Beowing Go to Quoted Post
I have a Bosch SHE66C05/48, about 10 years old, and experienced the same problem. The unit would fill with water properly and also drain properly when the cycle was complete.

However, after the unit filled with water and it was time for the cleaning cycle, the circulation pump motor would hum and I would only get a miniscule amount of water coming out of the lower spray arm and it would not turn. The upper spray arm received no water and also did not turn.

After reading this and other posts on Appliance Pros, I decided to disassemble my washer to check out the circ. pump and motor. Obviously the motor was working fine, as the humming sound told me the motor was working. But when I disassembled the circ. pump, I found the impeller was in two pieces and the front of the impeller had welded itself to the front of the pump housing. I had to pry off the impeller with a pair of pliers. I then ordered and installed the Bosch Circ. pump rebuild kit #00167085 (about $75 on ********) and it worked like a champ.

If this is happening to your dishwasher, I would encourage you to try to do this repair yourself. There are several good video's on You Tube that will walk you through this repair. I am a very cautious worker and therefore go really slow when I'm doing jobs like this. It took me about 1.5 hours to completely disassemble the unit and about an hour to put it back together, including the repair. For 75 bucks, it is well worth it. You can do it! Thanks for the post.

Beowing, Thanks for posting your experience with your Bosch dishwasher repair. We're glad to hear your machine is up and running properly and cleaning the dishes. Great Job !!! Thanks Again,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply