Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
daid schiffl  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:44:26 PM(UTC)
daid schiffl

Groups: Registered

I ran the dishwasher the other night, every thing was fine.Now the dishwasher does not start. None of the contol buttons work or light up.I checked to make sure that the power was ok. I have replaced the heating element four times and the control board twice.the last time i replaced the heating element it come with a new control board. I have heard that the new control boards have glitches in them also. could this be the control board? this thing is dead. If you do not think that it is the board, what should i check, thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

csager  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 4:58:11 PM(UTC)
csager

Groups: Registered

Have you checked the thermal fuse for continuity? A similar problem with high current draw when both the motor and the heater are working causes the fuse to pop. Look for corrosion and damaged wires at the motor or heater or fuse connections. This increases resistance and that increases current and bang the fuse pops. The fuse kit has new wires. This fuse problem typically shows itself as a completely dead washer, no lights no nothing. It this is you then look at the fuse.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply