Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BeginnerGuy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 1:56:58 PM(UTC)
BeginnerGuy

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher is not performing again. This time, I am finding small pieces of food and small black pieces on the dishes after it goes through the full cycle.

For a while, not all of the powdered soap was dissolving and some of it remained in the soap dispenser. I cleaned out the holes in the washer arms and cleaned the filter. Now the soap appears to be dissolving all the way.

What should I check next?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

BeginnerGuy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 2:55:04 PM(UTC)
BeginnerGuy

Update: I ran a test wash cycle. I stopped the dishwasher midcycle and put a 12 oz. cup upright on the top rack. I ran the dishwasher for another 30 seconds, then opened the dishwasher. The cup was full.

I also observed that the water level in the bottom came up to the heating element.
jasonlp  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 3:23:44 PM(UTC)
jasonlp

I am having the same problem with my dishwasher. The soap is not coming out of the retaining compartment (even when the small door is open), and the dishes have food particles all over them. I thought this was because I over-filled the machine with dishes, because it only happens on the top rack. Where was your filter located? I may try to clean mine as well. :confused:
BeginnerGuy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 3:24:16 PM(UTC)
BeginnerGuy

I am now running a full wash cycle with the dishwasher empty and a full cup of vinegar on the top rack.
Drags1998  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 4:28:36 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

How HOT is the water? Don't guess!!! Whats the temp after it fills with water. If its not at LEAST 120-130 degrees it won't work as well as it could:D
BeginnerGuy  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 6:16:35 AM(UTC)
BeginnerGuy

I've not checked the water temp. I'll do that today.

After running an empty load with vinegar, I then ran a load with baking soda. The dishwasher does seem cleaner.

I then ran a load of dishes. The soap dissolved 99% this time. When the load was finished, there were small black particles on the dishes. They look like coffee grounds.
Drags1998  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 11:59:06 AM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

The other thing that came to mind is what brand of detergent are you using and are you using a rinse agent??? I would like to know if this came on all at once or slowly? Thanks:)
jasonlp  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 1:00:37 PM(UTC)
jasonlp

Originally Posted by: Drags1998 Go to Quoted Post
The other thing that came to mind is what brand of detergent are you using and are you using a rinse agent??? I would like to know if this came on all at once or slowly? Thanks:)

I have used 3 different one's. I have tried the liquid, the powder, and the little cubes that disintegrate. All three gave me the same result. :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply