Discuss

burnt wires on bosch dishwasher

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

The bosch dishwasher model SHU9915UC11 would not turn on again. This problem is has happened before. The white/common wire is

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » burnt wires on bosch dishwasher

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 07:49 AM

peteh is on a distinguished road
Default burnt wires on bosch dishwasher
Brand: Bosch   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

The bosch dishwasher model SHU9915UC11 would not turn on again. This problem is has happened before. The white/common wire is burnt in the junction box. Once repaired (removing burnt wire portion and installing new wire nut) the dishwasher works fine for a peorid of 4-6 months then the same problem happens again. What might this real problem be. Thanks Pete

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Expert

Simon / APP Team will become famous soon enough

Hi, Pete.

You definitely has a good one.
Check couple of things. May be the reversed polarity at the junction box or copper to aluminum connection.
Make sure that the wire nut is correct size and tightened good.
There is one more thing: check the power cord plug for brakes and/or discoloration. You may need to replace wall receptacle and power cord.

Thank you. Post the results.
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon / APP Team View Post
Hi, Pete.

You definitely has a good one.
Check couple of things. May be the reversed polarity at the junction box or copper to aluminum connection.
Make sure that the wire nut is correct size and tightened good.
There is one more thing: check the power cord plug for brakes and/or discoloration. You may need to replace wall receptacle and power cord.

Thank you. Post the results.
Simin, The washer is direct wired on dedicated circuit, the wire nuts are sized right (orange). Do you think it might be a control module?
Old 03-28-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteh View Post
Simin, The washer is direct wired on dedicated circuit, the wire nuts are sized right (orange). Do you think it might be a control module?
Here is a post that I found....

Model SHX56C/23 BOUGHT NEW 1/07 15 MONTHS LATER WOULD NOT START.4/08, REPAIRMAN CAME OUT AND FOUND BURNT WIRES IN J.B., REPAIRED DAMAGED WIRES. LESS THEN A YEAR LATER, IT WOULDN'T. I FOUND THE SAME PROBLEM- WIRE BURNT IT J.B. I REPAIRED THE WIRES MYSELF. THEN CALLED A REPAIRMAN THAT WORKS ON BOSCH APPLIANCES AND HE CHECKED THINGS OUT AND CAME UP WITH THE SAME THING THAT I THOUGHT.FEED WIRES GOING J.B WHERE 3C/16. WIRES WHERE TO OSMALL. IREPLACED THE WIRES WITH A 3C12. SHOULD THIS CORRECT THE BURNING WIRE PROBLEM? A FRIEND OF MY TOLD ME HE HEARD OF ANOTHER BOSCH WITH THE SAME PROBLEM THAT I HAD. EXCEPT HIS WIRE WAS A 3C14. THERE IS A RECALL BUT NOT MY MODEL ON FIRES IN BOSCH DISHWASHER

Read more: BOSCH Dishwasher burnt wires in J.B.
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.