Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JohnnyRoaster  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009 3:52:52 PM(UTC)
JohnnyRoaster

Groups: Registered

The dishwasher has worked well for the past eight years. There have been no other changes in the plumbing recently like a new garbage disposal.

The cycle seems to run fine and no errors on the test procedure. The machine is draining water during the cycle (test bucket) but leaves about two inches of standing water after the cycle is over. I have checked the float switch and it seems to be free. Both switches test fine for continuity and I believe are working. I think I have narrowed it down to the control board but I am not sure how to test this. How do you take apart the top part of the door to get to the board? I don't want to spend $150 on a wrong part if there is something else I should check first.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

JohnnyRoaster  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:49:36 PM(UTC)
JohnnyRoaster

Somehow I missed the two side screws along with the four on the top to get to the control board. I don't know how I missed that at 3AM while pulling this thing apart.;)

The control board looks fine. I think this was replaced under a recall in the last six months. I think it is the drain motor that has failed. It is pulling about 15.2 ohms instead of the ~16.5. I am not sure if this is enough to make the motor bad. It will drain for a few seconds but then stop. For about seventy bucks I guess it is worth a shot. I would hate to replace a dishwasher that is only eight years old but if I do, I don't think it will be another Bosch.

Are there any recommended brands for ultra efficient dishwashers if I do end up replacing this beast?
Gene  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 5:18:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Do not rush with the parts. Check the drain hose from the drain pump all the way to the garbage disposal for a clog or a floating foreign object inside.

With all recalls in mind Bosch dishwashers are one of the best available in USA today.

Gene.
JohnnyRoaster  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 7:14:45 PM(UTC)
JohnnyRoaster

So I decided to "hot-wire" the drain pump tonight and it worked fine. What else would tell the pump to turn off after starting for about two seconds? I noticed on the wire diagram there is something called a Aqua-sensor. Could this be the problem?

PS Thanks Gene, I think the drain like is fine. When I hot wired the pump it ran like crazy and pushed a large volume of water into the garbage disposal.
Gene  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:48:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The drain pump operates by the control board and, in case of water leak by the water level switch. Looks like the problem is a bad control board. Possible this part is on recall by Bosch. You have to call them to verify.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply