Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oilhammer  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 9:14:33 AM(UTC)
oilhammer

Groups: Registered

Kenmore dishwasher installed under two years ago. Yesterday after wash cycle was started, found machine with 'Cancel/Drain' LED lit and machine had stopped. Thinking someone had just leaned on the panel again, I tried to restart a wash cycle. The LED went out and I have not been able to get a response from the machine since. Check power at junction box behind washer - OK, 121 volts. Check power again after removing kick panel and find same 121 volts. Remove front cover from washer and confirm 121 volts going into main control unit. Bridge door switch to be certain it is not a door issue. No response from unit. I am thinking it is possible to be the 85 dollar main control unit or the 95 dollar control panel. Is it just my lucky guess at this point? Are there other inputs to the main control unit that I can check?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 4:36:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are on the right track. Unfortunately there are no instrumental tests to prove which part exactly is bad. If you need the correct part number for the control panel, post the color of it.

Gene.
oilhammer  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 5:52:28 PM(UTC)
oilhammer

I also verified my bi-metal switch is still closed. Once I started having to wash dishes:rolleyes: I had to move my front panel and what should fall out but a troubleshooting guide and parts diagram! It says I was on the right track, too. Now I need to check continuity of the control panel harness...
Thanks for your input, Gene.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 11:00:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
oilhammer  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 5:37:07 PM(UTC)
oilhammer

Checked the two fuses in the control unit - both are OK. Checked the door switch input at the control unit. The circuit opens and closes with the door latch and there is 8 volts present when it is closed -5 volts when it is open. The diagram has no breakdown for the control panel so I was ready to buy a control panel since everything seemed to check out on the main control unit. However, since I had unplugged and removed the control unit, I reinstalled everything to try and troubleshoot some more and I'll be damned if now everything works! I finished reassembling the door and cabinet and ran a full wash cycle without issue.
No real cost but inconvenience so far. I will have to continue running the machine and see what happens. If you are repair person, for hire, in someone's house, and this happens, what do you do?
Thanks again for your assistance.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 6:42:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

I had such situations. A few years ago I had three house calls in two days. All with some problems with a dishwashers. I just turned on each of these dishwashers to see what's wrong. Guess what? They all worked perfect. Magic?

Good luck with your dishwasher.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply