Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jim Scammell  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 9:28:42 AM(UTC)
Jim Scammell

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Refrigeratory, mod: GSL25JFPA and the compressor is not working. The compressor is cool to the touch and the temp is about the same as the blower which is running. All indications are appearing to be working. Have checked for evaporater freeze up, and its not. Suspect the circuit board, however I don't have a schematic of the wiring diameter to facilitate voltage chks. How can I get a schematic or ladder check to allow me to check the compresssor and the circuit board. I believe the part # for the board is WR55X10603. Thank U, Jim Scammell.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 11:23:05 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Jim,

You will have to check voltage at the control board. Do it only if you fill comfortable to work under the power.

Unplug the refrigerator. Remove the cover from the main control board on the back of the refrigerator. Remove the wire from the terminal J8 at the control board. Restore the power and measure the voltage between the connector J7-9 and terminal J8 while the refrigerator control calls for cooling.

If the reading is 120 VAC or close to it, then you have to check the compressor itself as described in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...not-cool.html#post281680

If the reading is incorrect, replace the main control board.

- The main control board Part number: AP4436216
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply