Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rhow  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 5:05:59 AM(UTC)
rhow

Groups: Registered

Don't know how old (SN FK3501337). Replaced fuse 8 months ago. Now while running, buzz's, pops flashes and dense smoke fills house. I open up and see back of control board is toast; I see online numerous complaints and a class action on similar models. I see similar model's repair video with a "Control Board Cover" that I don't see in the diagrams. Did condensation do this? Motor was running, water was spraying, all seemed right. There are various part #s: AP3775964, 8528172, 8564542, 8564543, originals, replacement, rebuilds. Would an original part be better? Are rebuilds ok? Same with Door Seal: AP4685084, 8268888, W10284090, some show adhesive, some don't. :confused: If I sink $170 on board and seal is there a possible other fault that could cause the board to burn again? Anything else to check? This seems a good machine, SS inside and nice racks.
TY for any and all advice!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 6:29:29 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rhow Go to Quoted Post
Don't know how old (SN FK3501337). Replaced fuse 8 months ago. Now while running, buzz's, pops flashes and dense smoke fills house. I open up and see back of control board is toast; I see online numerous complaints and a class action on similar models. I see similar model's repair video with a "Control Board Cover" that I don't see in the diagrams. Did condensation do this? Motor was running, water was spraying, all seemed right. There are various part #s: AP3775964, 8528172, 8564542, 8564543, originals, replacement, rebuilds. Would an original part be better? Are rebuilds ok? Same with Door Seal: AP4685084, 8268888, W10284090, some show adhesive, some don't. :confused: If I sink $170 on board and seal is there a possible other fault that could cause the board to burn again? Anything else to check? This seems a good machine, SS inside and nice racks.
TY for any and all advice!

Rhow,
Your dishwasher was produced approximately mid way (35th week)of 2000. As for condensation causing the issue, did you notice any moisture or condensation or water marks in the control panel, when you dismantled it. It was most likely an issue in the control board from years of service, Once you install the control board/heater kit, you'll be fine for a few years, since you like the unit, you may want to repair it.
Part number: AP3841139
Part number: AP3841139

As for the door seal Part number: AP4685084
Part number: AP4685084
If there are no torn areas, damage, or anything like that, you normally don't need a seal. and no there are no adhesives needed to attach it to the tub, as long as you install it properly.

Thanks and Good Luck,
:) :) :)
rhow  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 2:15:24 PM(UTC)
rhow

Groups: Registered

TY quick reply!:) No water evidence. Do I have/need/want to replace heater element too, or just the board? (I see price...free heater upgrade) Was drying okish, and we like being able to wash plastics top-rack without melting. Also, I find the white plug and the large black plug next to it at the control board are melted and questionable, any way to replace just the plugs? If the whole harness is needed and latch handle and latch actuator (both cracked one side, working - but...) and springs this may be too $$$ to repair. If I do replace handle I see AP3039124 black, looks like original, and AP3779208 bisque, maybe looks different (spring connection hook). TY again.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 5:20:22 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rhow Go to Quoted Post
TY quick reply!:) No water evidence. Do I have/need/want to replace heater element too, or just the board? (I see price...free heater upgrade) Was drying okish, and we like being able to wash plastics top-rack without melting. Also, I find the white plug and the large black plug next to it at the control board are melted and questionable, any way to replace just the plugs? If the whole harness is needed and latch handle and latch actuator (both cracked one side, working - but...) and springs this may be too $$$ to repair. If I do replace handle I see AP3039124 black, looks like original, and AP3779208 bisque, maybe looks different (spring connection hook). TY again.

The heater and the control board have been re configured, so they both have to be replaced. Unless you're positive that the kit has been installed previously.

The connectors and housings are not available from the manufacturer, so a wire harness would be needed, and you'd want to play it safe and replace the handle and latch assembly, as well.

Sounds like there are more issues, than the heater control issue, like I originally thought.

Thanks,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply