Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SCOTT4  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 7:01:33 AM(UTC)
SCOTT4

Groups: Registered

I filled the resavoir 1 mo. ago and it is still full. also recently the glass' on the top rack are not clean, there are small particles left behind. Is this related or do I have 2 issues.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:38:18 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SCOTT4 Go to Quoted Post
I filled the resavoir 1 mo. ago and it is still full. also recently the glass' on the top rack are not clean, there are small particles left behind. Is this related or do I have 2 issues.

Scott, You have a " mechanical" rinse aid dispenser. If the detergent cup lid is closing and opening during the cycle, so should the rinse dispenser, it uses the same components and actuator levers as the detergent cup door. Check and make sure the rinse aid cap is not overtightenned, then consider removing the dispenser and soaking it in hot water or replacing the dispenser. Part number: AP4368045
Part number: AP4368045
as for the debris in the glasses / top shelf. Make sure the water in the tub is hot enough(120 dgrs.F.) and theres enough water in the bottom of the tank after a fill and five(5) minute wash(1 to 1.5 inches of water).

Good Luck and Thanks,
:) :) :)
SCOTT4  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 7:04:03 AM(UTC)
SCOTT4

There seems to be enough water in the bottom, temp is only 89.5deg. I pulled the grate and screen in the bottom of the tub and found a strand rataan that seemed to be stuck, it took a little tugging to remove it. As I quickly open the door during the was cycle there seems to be water flying everywhere and the telescopic jet in the middle is extended.( Another issue, sometimes it stays extended after the wash is completed and I have to push it down to roll out the bottom rack)
SCOTT4  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 7:25:39 AM(UTC)
SCOTT4

Temp is now 124.4 deg.
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 7:32:27 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Temp is now 124.4 deg.

Scott,
Great, You should see a pretty decent improvement in the performance of the dishwasher.
Water temperature, and water level, are the most important "component" of a dishwasher. With the clean up you did and the water temperature increase, You'll be a lot happier.
* Just make sure the water temperature is 124.4 dgrs. on the first fill of the cycle.*

SCOTT4  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 8:14:28 AM(UTC)
SCOTT4

The first temp reading was 5 min into first cycle, the second was 20min+- into the opperation of the machine. I have used this washer for aprox. 3 years w/o any cleaning problems, I'm wondering why now?
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 2:05:50 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

The first temp reading was 5 min into first cycle, the second was 20min+- into the opperation of the machine. I have used this washer for aprox. 3 years w/o any cleaning problems, I'm wondering why now?

Scott,
In order to "breakdown" and disolve the chemicals and inert particles in the detergent, you need the hottest water possible (120 dgrs.)on the first fill of the cycle. The detergent has to be "fresh" and not separated(if a liquid). The dishwasher has to have the proper amount of water in the tub, in order to produce the proper pressure in the pump system, to achieve "pushing" the water up to the upper spray arm and clean all the dishes. If the detergent or rinse aid starts to "foam" during the cycle, it will leave gritty deposits on the articles being washed, (especially in the upper rack). Based on your post, you've taken care of everything, leaving the water temp. and detergent/rinse aid as the most likely issue.

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply