Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Greg in Sudbury  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 6:37:53 PM(UTC)
Greg in Sudbury

Groups: Registered

My Bosch is exhibiting the same problem that I see posted by others, it gets part of the way through the cycle and then stops advancing. It is probably a heating problem. I understand from previous posts that the control module is suspect. So, I have removed it and inspected it for burned solder joints. However, I do not see any problems with these joints. This leads me to wonder whether or not it is actually the heater element.

So, now my question. How best do I verify that the heater element is fine? I understand that I could measure the current to the heater while it is trying to heat (it ahould be 11A) but if I don't get the expected current, doesn't that mean it could be the heater or the control module? Short of removing the heater element (which I understand is deep inside teh unit) how do I verify that it is okay?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

twoboys  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 5:08:07 PM(UTC)
twoboys

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Greg in Sudbury Go to Quoted Post
My Bosch is exhibiting the same problem that I see posted by others, it gets part of the way through the cycle and then stops advancing. It is probably a heating problem. I understand from previous posts that the control module is suspect. So, I have removed it and inspected it for burned solder joints. However, I do not see any problems with these joints. This leads me to wonder whether or not it is actually the heater element.

So, now my question. How best do I verify that the heater element is fine? I understand that I could measure the current to the heater while it is trying to heat (it ahould be 11A) but if I don't get the expected current, doesn't that mean it could be the heater or the control module? Short of removing the heater element (which I understand is deep inside teh unit) how do I verify that it is okay?

Thanks

Try this troubleshooting file. Check the Resistance.

Great document!
File Attachment(s):
bosch dishwasher troubleshoot[1].pdf (554kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply