Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
teetime  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2009 5:39:40 PM(UTC)
teetime

Groups: Registered

This is my second trip to this forum with this dishwasher. Recently, the dishwasher will trip its house circuit breaker when I fully open the dishwasher door.

When the door reaches the fully open position I will see a spark at or near the right side door hinge. I stopped using the dishwasher and today (after several days of no use) I pulled off the door panel. I don't see any obvious causes for the sparking, nor can I see where it originated. I do notice some kind of sensor located in the vicinity of the right door hinge. I can't find any technical information about this dw online, but I perhaps this is a sensor to turn off the water flow if the level reaches this height (?).

After reassembling the dw, I turned on the power and opened the door - no spark. Maybe the original problem was caused by water in the door, but there is none there now.

I am going to try running it with water tomorrow, but before I do that I thought I would check here to see if there is a known problem that could cause this.

Thanks,

Jerry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.