Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bondo100b  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2009 6:35:53 AM(UTC)
bondo100b

Groups: Registered

no power possible lightening strike or power surge--is there a reset button or do I need to replace the control module---how do I tell which circuit breaker turns off the power without putting meter on wires and turning off on and on all breakers? thanks steve
ps replaced control module in washing machine yesterday
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

klynchmerlin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:02:11 PM(UTC)
klynchmerlin

I'm having the same issue with my GE Triton XL model # GSD 6300 and would like to know the answer.
bondo100b  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 5:51:39 AM(UTC)
bondo100b

had a local repair guy come fix it--there are two circuit boards in the dishwasher--the smaller one was fried-you could see the black marks from power surge / lightening---you take off the front of the washer to access--turn off power first
klynchmerlin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 3:45:42 PM(UTC)
klynchmerlin

Originally Posted by: bondo100b Go to Quoted Post
had a local repair guy come fix it--there are two circuit boards in the dishwasher--the smaller one was fried-you could see the black marks from power surge / lightening---you take off the front of the washer to access--turn off power first

klynchmerlin responds:
I turned off the power first (of course!), took off the front panel of the dishwasher door, and disconnected and removed the control module. I snapped opened the control module (the mother board) to examine the circuitry. There were no obvious signs of a surge or a burn-out. My question is: I need to know if there is some kind of instrument (like a volt-meter but NOT a volt meter) that measures the continuity of the signal in a control module. I do not want to order a new module if the one I have is still good. If the control module is good, then the problem lies elsewhere. Anyone?
bondo100b  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 5:39:45 AM(UTC)
bondo100b

I am not sure what all this stuff is called but there are two boards that can go bad in this unit-my repair buy brought one that he thought it would be but it ended up being the other one (it was small about 8 inches long by about 4 inches----the other one is much longer and I think fits behind the buttons-I think it could be either one
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply