Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aubcivil98  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:15:53 PM(UTC)
aubcivil98

Groups: Registered

The wife let me know the dishes weren't drying at the end of the cycle and they cycles themselves were taking FOREVER. So, after some research, I figure the heating element or the contoller is bad.

I've tested the element with both wires off. The reading is 10 ohms. Good element so I've read.

Question is, I understand when you replace the element with this model, you also replace a circuit board. Could my circuit board be bad and the element good? Or does the new circuit board go with an improved element with a higher wattage?

I do not have a parts manual with my unit, so I don't know where the thermostat is to test it, nor do I know where to place the leads of my meter for testing on the thermostat. I do see a wiring diagram that shows the hi-limit thermostat connected via orange wire to the heater assembly.

I want to narrow this down as close as possible before I go and start replacing parts that may not be the problem. I'd really like to fix it myself as I'm not interested in dropping several hundred dollars for a new unit.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

aubcivil98  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:58:04 PM(UTC)
aubcivil98

I did find the hi-limit thermostat. It tested at zero ohms at room temperature, which stands to reason I suppose. There is continuity through the orange wire from the thermostat to the element.

Next I may hook it all back up and try the Diagnostics Cycle and see if the thermistor is ok.

Any help is appreciated.
aubcivil98  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:33:27 PM(UTC)
aubcivil98

Ok, tested resistance of thermistor at room temperature. It is in range.

Hooked everything back up and ran the Diagnostics Cycle. I first ran an Anti-Bacterial cycle to the thermal hold to get the water hot. The water was not hot. I expect all 30 minutes of the thermal hold would have gone by without any increase in temp. I touched the element. Not even warm.

I let some of that water drain. I poured some hot tap water straight into the tank. Ran the diagnostic cycle. The clean light didn't come on so the Thermistor checks out. No warning lights. Everything ran as it should, all except for the heater.

I'm at a loss here!
aubcivil98  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 4:42:40 PM(UTC)
aubcivil98

Found a bad relay on the circuit board. Replaced relay. Good to go now.

Thanks for all the help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply