Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gabe380  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 9:23:45 PM(UTC)
gabe380

Groups: Registered

I have a Kitchen Aid DW, Model #KUDS01DJSS0. The unit does not function at all. The light on the "rinse only" button is blinking, and there are 2 dashes in the led screen. Otherwise, nothing works. No buttons function at all. Is this a "control panel" issue, or a "circuit board" issue? Or some other issue altogether??

Thanks,
Gabe
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FrustratedButDetermined  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2008 3:32:46 PM(UTC)
FrustratedButDetermined

(This is copied from another thread on the same subject.)

My KUD0S1 is doing exactly the same thing.

I replaced the control/timer circuit board to no avail. I'm guessing that replacing it won't help your problem either.

I jumpered each of the microswitches in turn (including the door latch). When I disconnected the vent thermistor, and cycled the power, it behaved differently, so I replaced the vent assembly (which contains a new thermistor). Still no joy.

I disassembled the 'soil sensor'/pressure switch. I found the (internal) contacts were badly corroded. So I cleaned it all up, verified it worked (using an ohmmeter). Yet no change in the behaviour.

I hadn't considered the touch panel (the 'delay' button is a little soft) as a possibility, otherwise I'm running out of ideas.

Any thoughts anyone?
catholic  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2008 8:44:30 AM(UTC)
catholic

I've had this same problem corrected. What I had to do was replace the control that is next to the door latch on the dishwasher. However this was a recurring problem with this specific year of the model. I had to continually replace the control to get the dishwasher working again. Mine wasn't a Kitchenaid though.

I"d suggest following any troubleshooting material that came with your dishwasher, otherwise try to have it serviced.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply