Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gatyam  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:13:44 AM(UTC)
gatyam

Groups: Registered

All of the lights on the control panel are on. No matter what button is pushed, nothing changes. Pushing the "lock" 3 sec button for 3-5 seconds does not turn them off
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

JuliSch01  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 6:07:19 AM(UTC)
JuliSch01

I am having the same exact problem. Can someone reply to the question to help us both out? I don't want to buy a new dishwasher if I don't have to. Thanks.
Simon / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 2:09:18 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.
Most likely the problem is bad control panel. Before going into parts replacement I need you to run this test. Unplug the dishwasher, take off the control panel, disconnect the ribbon from the control board.
Using the cotton swab and rubbing alcohol clean both - ribbon and the plug.
Let it dry and reconnect the control panel and the control board. Power up and check if it helps.
Post the result.
gatyam  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 8:30:17 AM(UTC)
gatyam

Originally Posted by: AquraRoma Go to Quoted Post
Hi.
Most likely the problem is bad control panel. Before going into parts replacement I need you to run this test. Unplug the dishwasher, take off the control panel, disconnect the ribbon from the control board.
Using the cotton swab and rubbing alcohol clean both - ribbon and the plug.
Let it dry and reconnect the control panel and the control board. Power up and check if it helps.
Post the result.

Sorry, I just bought a new dishwasher. I tried for 2 months to contact maytag to find out if there was something to test as you so kindly, just gave me. Needless to say after all of the media atterntion to the fire hazard problem, i opted to replace it. We havwe maytag chlothes washers and 2 other Maytag appliances. I WON'T evewr buy another Matag product.
Thank you for your reply, I only wish I could have tried your solution. Never know now
Mel421  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 7:21:59 AM(UTC)
Mel421

I had the same problem, this is how I fixed it! Press and hold set icon for 5 seconds. Welcome screen should flash and the lights should go off. I did this before attempting to remove anything! I hope this helps!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply