Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wendyD  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:52:30 AM(UTC)
wendyD

Groups: Registered

First I got no response from my dishwasher when I hit the normal cycle. The dishwasher is used daily but I read in a forum about dishwashers that it might have lost it's prime so I followed the suggestion of putting a large pan of hot tap water into it and tried running it again. It hesitated but then started (with the usual sounds). Then a few minutes later it stopped. Few minutes more and it started etc. I could hear the drain cycle working in between starts and stops. Using a carving fork to put inside the latch, I could watch what it was doing while it was open and on at the same time. Very little water pressure and very little in the bottom of the maching (about as much as I put in manually). Any suggestion for how to get the water into it? I checked the connections and they seem fine and not leaking anywhere.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:51:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Remove the toe panel and check for 120 VAC to the water inlet valve solenoid while the control calls for water (usually first two minutes after start).

If there is proper voltage then the water inlet valve has to be replaced.

If there is no proper voltage then post and we'll go further.

- The water inlet valve Part number: AP3866788
wendyD  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2009 3:49:32 AM(UTC)
wendyD

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Remove the toe panel and check for 120 VAC to the water inlet valve solenoid while the control calls for water (usually first two minutes after start).

If there is proper voltage then the water inlet valve has to be replaced.

If there is no proper voltage then post and we'll go further.

- The water inlet valve Part number: AP3866788

Gene, Went ahead and ordered the inlet valve as my husband could not get to checking the voltage and figured if it is a comon problem it wouldn't hurt to replace it anyway. When he went to replace it we found that aparently we have mice who have chewed the wiring that feeds the electric to the inlet valve right at the connector that plugs into it. Can you supply me with a part number and diagram for that?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply