Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hillsfam  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 6:55:10 AM(UTC)
hillsfam

Groups: Registered

Hi all. We had a major water leak from this former portable dishwasher. I pulled it out of the cabinet and discovered the lock ring on the bottom was loose, so I retightened it. When I had my son cycle the machine to see if we got the leak to stop, there was an electrical burning smell and everything stopped. I noticed the motor housing was resting on the foil covered board under the washer. I got the washer up off the floor a little, pulled out all the soggy foil board, and let it dry out. When we turned it on it filled ok, but had a slight bit of smoke. It ran the wash cycle fine, but went silent when it was supposed to drain. Good news is the leak was gone. We bailed out the water and moved it to the rinse cycle. It filled again and ran till the drain then stopped. We bailed it again and I let it think things over for a few hours. When I went in to restart it, the drain cycle started up at the beginning as usual, if filled and washed, but at the drain before rinse it was silent again. There was the same wisp of smoke at the very beginning of the cycle. Please let me know which part I cooked so I can get it back online.
Thanks - Jason
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 7:05:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Jason,

According to the dishwasher wiring diagram there is no any electronic boards in this dishwasher. It operates by a timer and has e regular motor. A major water leak, you had, could damage the pump motor causing a burning smell and a smoke.

- The pump motor assembly Part number: AP4364422
Part number: AP4364422

You also have to replace the drain impeller and the pump seal (pump repair kit).

- The pump repair kit Part number: AP4008519
hillsfam  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:39:03 AM(UTC)
hillsfam

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the quick reply. That gets my mind heading in the right direction.
Does anyone know, is this the biggest repair I will face with this model? Just weighing the cost of the pump in a near 5yr old dishwasher vs a new machine.
Thanks again,
Jason
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 11:49:50 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Jason,

It's hard to say which way is better. Too many different things should be count. If you decide to buy a new dishwasher then think about Bosch.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply