Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
murftj  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:56:42 PM(UTC)
murftj

Groups: Registered

Machine is a 2005 model. Runs for a bit, then the "clean" light blinks 7 times. Internet search yields to press a 4 button code to get it going again. Finishes washing, but won't dry the dishes. What do I have to do or what part needs to be replaced in order to get the machine working "like new?" Sears wanted me to throw $230 into it, but that is a good start toward a new one...Any help and input is GREATLY appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jerry L. Dunnahoo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2012 7:01:52 PM(UTC)
Jerry L. Dunnahoo

Groups: Expert

On a whirlpool flashing clean light seven times, this is a water heating problem. Most of the time it is caused by a bad heating element, door switch, thermostat, harness, or control. Since the model number you provided isn't complete, I am unable to provide you with part numbers, so if you could provide it in the next correspondence, I can accommodate. To test, if you remove the kick panel, you should find a wiring diagram. From the information on this diagram you can determine which wires leaving the control board are for the heating circuit. Of course the power should be off before you access the control board in the door panel. When you read resistance through the circuit it will read from 40 to 80 ohms of resistance which will be resistance of the heating element. If this is the reading you get then the board is the issue. If you read an open circuit then the problem is the heating element, the thermostat, the door switch, or the harness, which you can test individually. Hope this helps you out! =]
murftj  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2012 7:49:22 PM(UTC)
murftj

Groups: Registered

The whole model number is: 665.16019402

Originally Posted by: Jerry L. Dunnahoo Go to Quoted Post
On a whirlpool flashing clean light seven times, this is a water heating problem. Most of the time it is caused by a bad heating element, door switch, thermostat, harness, or control. Since the model number you provided isn't complete, I am unable to provide you with part numbers, so if you could provide it in the next correspondence, I can accommodate. To test, if you remove the kick panel, you should find a wiring diagram. From the information on this diagram you can determine which wires leaving the control board are for the heating circuit. Of course the power should be off before you access the control board in the door panel. When you read resistance through the circuit it will read from 40 to 80 ohms of resistance which will be resistance of the heating element. If this is the reading you get then the board is the issue. If you read an open circuit then the problem is the heating element, the thermostat, the door switch, or the harness, which you can test individually. Hope this helps you out! =]
Jerry L. Dunnahoo  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:05:04 PM(UTC)
Jerry L. Dunnahoo

Groups: Expert

I'd lay odds that the heating element is the issue. The part number is AP2920722. The next most probable cause is the high limit thermostat, part number AP3010530. If the problem is the door switch you can sometimes adjust the leveling of the unit which affects the door strike which will sometimes cause the door switch to close when the door is closed. Otherwise the door switch part number is AP3039128. If you test continuity through the heating circuit and you read a complete circuit with the 40 to 80 ohms resistance, the board will be at fault and this part number is AP3775998. The last part I mentioned is the harness but I've only seen it fail about twice in my 20 years in the field. Just in case the part number for the harness is AP3866335. I certainly hope this is a help to you. Feel free to ask me anything else. I'll be glad to help all I can. =]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply