Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jbuckley1  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:55:14 AM(UTC)
jbuckley1

Groups: Registered

As in other posts, I have a soap dispenser which won't open in the wash cycle. The door slides easily and the manual release works fine. The dispenser mechanism look to be intact.

How can I check to see if the issue is in the dispenser or the control module?
I have a VOM meter. Is there a resistance check on the dispenser?
When and what voltage is supplied to the dispenser?

Thanks, John B.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

MrD  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 6:16:25 PM(UTC)
MrD

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I had a similar problem where the soap packets would turn into a gooey mess and remain stuck in the dispenser.

After much research, I stumbled across a description of the function of the wax motor. Based on the description, I came to the conclusion that the motor/actuator system that operates the soap dispenser, ALSO activates the rinse. OR - another way of saying it would be that the FIRST time the motor is activated, it dispenses soap. The SECOND time the motor is activated, it dispenses rinse.

What would happen if you were to interrupt the dishwasher AFTER the soap was dispensed and BEFORE the rinse.

I ran an empty cycle for about 20 - 30 minutes ... interrupted the cycle ... then ran it again.

Yeah ... the problem was fixed and it has been working flawlessly for about a month now.

BEFORE you spend a bunch of money on parts and the labor to replace the unit, try this "free" approach. I hope it works for you like it did for me.
thanks 1 user thanked MrD for this useful post.
nlrl on 11/27/2019(UTC)
nlrl  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:59:24 PM(UTC)
nlrl

I have two year old Bosch dishwasher with this exact problem. Followed your instructions and it's now been working well for weeks.
I realize your post is about 7 years old, so you may never see this, but I wanted to thank you for posting this valuable info!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply