Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lazamae  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2007 8:21:44 AM(UTC)
lazamae

Groups: Registered

I have a 3 year old Frigidaire Dishwasher by Electrolux that has started leaking. I looked under the washer, and the leak is coming from where one side of the heating element connects. To replace the heating element, I would have to pay $50 and I am not sure if that will fix it. The element works fine, but it is leaking somewhere around the connection. What other options do I have? Silicone?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2007 9:06:44 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Take a look at this element photo. See those rubber washers? That's what you need. Unfortunately, they are not sold separately, but maybe you can find something similar at a hardware store. I would not recommend using silicone.
edhurst  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2007 4:48:44 PM(UTC)
edhurst

My neighbor's Frigidaire dishwasher started leaking around the heating element contacts on the bottom. The two nuts that hold the element and gasket down were cracking and would not tighten. I replaced the nuts and the leak went away. Same deal on my Frigidaire dishwasher. It started leaking around the element contacts so I had to replace the nuts. Frigidaire must have a problem! I notified their customer service but have not received a reply yet.
lsutigerplumb  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2007 5:30:28 PM(UTC)
lsutigerplumb

Originally Posted by: edhurst Go to Quoted Post
My neighbor's Frigidaire dishwasher started leaking around the heating element contacts on the bottom. The two nuts that hold the element and gasket down were cracking and would not tighten. I replaced the nuts and the leak went away. Same deal on my Frigidaire dishwasher. It started leaking around the element contacts so I had to replace the nuts. Frigidaire must have a problem! I notified their customer service but have not received a reply yet.

I have this problem with my 1 year old Frigidaire. Does anyone know where I can find the nuts for the heater element? The leak is very bad and the nuts will not tigten. Thanks for any help!
kawfeeman  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 6:57:53 PM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

if you goto Frigidaire.com and find the customer support tab, usually you can find a parts manual with your model # .. those nuts should be readily available either directly from Frigidaire or from your local appliance parts store..
Admin / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 4:24:18 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Enter your model number in our Part Search ( http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/ ), then click on the Heating Element diagram. You should see all the parts related to it, including element nuts.
ciscohiker  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2009 6:50:53 PM(UTC)
ciscohiker

I have this same problem. When I search for the part # I just see the heating element itself and not the nuts and or washers. Any idea how to just buy the nuts?
Michimi  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2011 1:17:39 PM(UTC)
Michimi

Hey guys, I know this is too late to help the original poster, but just in case there's others out there who are looking:

I also had a newer Frigidaire dishwasher with a leak at one of the heating element bolts that had corroded. After paying a plumber $120 to tell me the dishwasher was kaputz, I decided I'd try a little home repair before forking over another fortune for a technician or parts or worse a new dishwasher. I found this great epoxy (if interested it was Pow_R Stick Steel Hard 15 minute repair epoxy putty) which was heat resistant, drinking water safe and could cure even under water. I just used a small amount and sealed around the base of the hole by the heating element.

I'm not a professional and a technician might scold me for my patch-work, but there's no leak so far! And it only cost me $4 Cdn. Hope this helps!
vytis1  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2011 6:41:06 AM(UTC)
vytis1

Mine not only leaking, but not draining also. There is water on the bottom. I wonder if you had those two problems together? Thanks for the tip to use epoxy. Definitely will try.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply