Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vschnoebelen  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 9:46:32 AM(UTC)
vschnoebelen

Groups: Registered

Howdy,

I'm having drainage problems (i think) with my dishwasher. When i start any wash cycle, the dishwasher will start to fill with water and try to wash. However, the dishes don't get very wet because when i open the dishwasher up, there's hardly any water in there. I can feel the water running out of the dishwasher through the drain hose during the wash cycle, when it's supposed to be IN the dishwasher getting pumped around. After the 1st cycle is over, it will try to fill up again, but just drain out, and there won't be any water in the dishwasher while it's supposed to be washing. The motor will still run, but there is just no water in the washer to wash the dishes. I lost the manual, but i think this model has a reversing motor, so i don't think there is a drain valve (i couldn't find one when i looked under the dishwasher), so that can't be it as far as i know. I also checked the water inlet valve with a continuity tester and it passed, plus i can hear water entering the dishwasher, so i don't think the water inlet valve is the problem. I think the water is just draining out before it can wash. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Vince
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.