Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bmagis  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 9:21:52 PM(UTC)
bmagis

Groups: Registered

Original problem was that the dishwasher was stuck in the wash cycle and would not shut off; replaced the timer control panel part #9744031. After replacing the part, the dishwasher will fill, motor runs for seconds, will not wash or drain. Through each cycle, the motor will kick in for a few seconds and then shut off. I did not have this kind of problem before so I'm wondering if the part I received could be bad or what else I could look into.

Thanks for any help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2009 2:38:10 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Sounds like the motor is drawing excessive current. That could be from a wiring error. Check the wiring per the data sheet, should be behind the kick panel.
bmagis  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2009 8:35:51 AM(UTC)
bmagis

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like the motor is drawing excessive current. That could be from a wiring error. Check the wiring per the data sheet, should be behind the kick panel.

I reinstalled the original panel and it went back to the old problem of being stuck in wash cycle - won't shut off; this is why I think the replacement part is bad or maybe the wrong one? I appreciate the assistance!
richappy  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2009 12:21:51 PM(UTC)
richappy

Sounds like a major problem with the new part. You might want to see if the supplier will take it back, but they might not since you plugged it in.
At this point I don't know how to solve your problem, might want to re-post as a motor shutting down, would help to get a meter.
bmagis  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 7:03:57 AM(UTC)
bmagis

well, go figure - now the old control panel is working just fine. When I reinstalled it, I had it on the controls lock so it wouldn't restart. Over the weekend, I had a large family gathering for dinner at the house. I decided to use the dishwasher. When I released the control lock, I noticed it didn't start up! I hit normal wash and let it go through the cycle; after drying, it went to clean and shut off. I left it that way to see if it would start up again but no, it did not. After three hours, I unloaded the washer, shut the door and it still didn't start up. Three days now and all is well. I did check all the voltages right from the beginning and power was fine. Maybe just Murphy's law kick
bmagis  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 7:10:00 AM(UTC)
bmagis

And, I just wanted to say thanks for the assistance - it's great to have a website that offers free professional help! I was grateful to be able to try my hand at self-repair without spending hundreds on a new dishwasher. You guys are great!
richappy  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 9:54:44 AM(UTC)
richappy

Thank's for the kind words.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply