Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Intimidator  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 10:43:31 AM(UTC)
Intimidator

Groups: Registered

Has the Bosch replacement drain pump #167082 gone thru an engineering change? My (just received) replacemnent pump has a different impeller and a different electrical connector configuration than my 9 year old non-functioning pump. The new impeller has more blades, the blades have a different profile and they are slightly larger in diameter. The electrical connection has gone from 4 tangs to 2, which, I guess makes sense since only tangs 2 were used. However, the positioning of the 2 tangs is also different. I don't want to get into a polarity issue and have the pump running backwards.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 8:57:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The complete model number of the dishwasher and the part number of the pump might help others to help you.

Gene.
Intimidator  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 5:38:16 AM(UTC)
Intimidator

Groups: Registered

The complete Bosch dishwasher model number is SHU5305UC/U11, FD8003. The pump part number that I purchased from Appliance Parts Pros is AP2802385 (which is an Appl. Parts Pros. stock number). The Bosch crossover part number, on my invoice and packing slip, is 167082. This number (167082) does not show up anywhere on the old pump or the new pump. The old pump is labeled EBS2562 5106 Cl. A025/00. The new pump is labeled EBS 609/0056, CL. F 092/098.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:45:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The new 6-vane pump is quieter and smoother than old 4-vane. The wires connection does not make any difference.

To install the new pump, insert @2:00 position & rotate CCW.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply