Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MeAtGW  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 7:19:23 PM(UTC)
MeAtGW

Groups: Registered

I have a GE dishwasher (Triton XL model# GSD6900J03CC), it was not washing clean, It seemed like there was not enough water in the dishwasher tub to be circulated through the whole system (no water from the top jets). I changed the water solenoid valve and it seemed like it resolved the issue for several days and then it went back to the original status of not cleaning the dishes.

I ran several tests and it seems like the fill cycle is not long enough to fill the tub, please correct me if I am wrong and let know your thinking on this issue. Here are the test I ran by putting the machine in the service mode:

The fill cycle is only 48 seconds and that is not even enough tom visually see the water in the tub. If you let the water for twice as long (96 seconds), the water barely reaches the top of the oval filter screen and when I ran the wash cycle with this amount of water for 72 seconds, it could not fill the little cup I had on the top rack. When I ran the fill cycle for the third time (145 seconds) and then ran the wash cycle for 72 seconds, there was enough water in the tub for the machine to fill the little cup on the top shelf.

Can a water valve be partially and let some water into the tub and cause this issue? Remember, I just replaced the valve. Can I change and increase the fill cycle time on this electronic control panel to resolve the issue? If the answer is no to both these questions, then what else could be wrong?

Thanks,
MeAtHome
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 8:37:01 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

The water inlet screen could be getting plugged. Did you happen to look at the screen in the old water inlet valve after you removed it?

I have seen water softeners go bad and get stuff in the water lines that will plug up water inlet valves in a short amount of time like that.

Just a thought...
MeAtGW  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2011 10:14:15 AM(UTC)
MeAtGW

Groups: Registered

I took the old [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']water solenoid valve[/FONT] completely apart and there was no blockage at all, the screen filter in the valve was clean.

Can the [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']water solenoid valve [/FONT]be partially bad and not totally bad? If the solenoid valve is bad, then there should be no water coming to the dishwasher at all, is that a correct statement, provided there is no blockage in the system to restrain the volume of water into the dishwasher?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply