Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jlehn  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 7:41:16 AM(UTC)
jlehn

Groups: Registered

Serial Number: 26385933MM
This project started as dishes not getting clean over a period of time followed by the soap being dispensed not even dissolving, which led me to believe there wasn't sufficient water being used. The dishes were drying fine.
I did the following:
1. Checked the washer arms and the filters below the lower are - those were clear (we have clear water - no rust or mineral buildups).
2. I checked the continuity of the solenoid valve on the water intake, and that showed .880 (which sounds like an odd number, but seemed close to 1, so thought the part may be bad). The control switches all tested fine (infinity when off, zero (or close to) when on.
3. I ordered and replaced the water intake valve assembly (part WPL 99001359) and now the dishwasher fills with water, and as soon as the pump kicks in, I have water pouring out the lower corners of the door.

Is this simply a bad door seal, or is there something more I should be checking?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.