Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
iacwc  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:03:00 PM(UTC)
iacwc

Groups: Registered

I have a kenmore ultra wash portable dishwasher and the soap dispenser will only open intermittenly. I have taken it apart and moved all the parts manually and they seem to be working fine. I also got a new cam and follower part and installed them and that did not do anything to help. What could the problem be? I am at a loss as to why it works by hand and when I run the dishwasher most of the time it will not open. Also I know it is not getting blocked be any dishes as I have made sure there is nothing is the way.

Thanks for you help!
Wade
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rblackwellz  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 7:45:33 PM(UTC)
rblackwellz

You could say I am having the same problem. only thing is , mine ws fried. So i insallated a new dispenser assembly and Guess what?, the dispenser door still wont open... so, changing the dispenser assembly may not be the answer. I will keep you posted on my findings
clmtaker  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 8:31:16 AM(UTC)
clmtaker

I have a Kenmore with the same issue as one of you. My dispensor door stayed open and would not stay closed. The problem started one day when the unit began to buzz. The next day the door would not close so I bought a replacement dispenser and replaced it. The old unit showed signs of over heating. After I installed the new dispenser I loaded up the dishwasher, put the soap in the dispenser and started it up. Later, when the wash was done I opened the door to find the dispenser door still shut with the soap still in it. I ran it again with the same results.

Does anyone know if there is a fuse for this dispenser. The online diagrams show one but I'm not sure if its for the dispenser or something else.

Any sugestions would be greatly appriciated.

Bill
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply