Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Baxter  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 1:10:53 PM(UTC)
Baxter

Groups: Registered

The lower rack dishes are clean and the upper rack glasses are not clean. There is 55 psi water pressure, 120º hot water temperature. The holes in the upper arm are not plugged. I do not know if the upper arm is spinning as I do not have a water proof camera. How should I proceed short of buying a new washer? The washer is about 9 years old.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Drags1998  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 1:49:50 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

I would start by making sure that it fills to the proper level with water. It should fill almost to the heating element!!! Make sure the pump inlet screen is not plugged with crap!!! Its #6 on page #9. you can get at it by removing the spray arm and top pump cover, Then remove the cover to the pump inlet. Its not hard to do it just takes a little time.
Baxter  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 6:43:23 PM(UTC)
Baxter

I took off the lower spray arm and removed the 3 tork screws. I can't figure how to get the 4th tork screw out to take the cover/screen off. The plastic tube that feeds the upper arm is in the way. what is the trick to getting at the screw? The sketch on page 9 is not a lot of help for me.
Drags1998  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:31:04 AM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

You have to TWIST the oval tube off the pump housing, I know I know, You think it will break!!!! It WON'T!!! If you use 2 hands, place your left hand on the bend where it goes from horizontal to vertical, your rt hand where it connects to the pump housing. Push the plastic tube to the right with your left hand (you'll have to go about3-4" and this will give you room enough to slide it to the rear of the unit.
Baxter  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:20:54 PM(UTC)
Baxter

That worked. I got the strainer and the part underneath it off (parts 1 on page 9) I have unscrewed the 2 tork screws and twisted the 3/8" round projection but can not figure how to get to part 6.

Baxter
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply