Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
John Hensler  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 1:02:16 PM(UTC)
John Hensler

Groups: Registered

Help, please!

I’ve been servicing my GE #GSD1200G06 successfully since we bought this house 8-years ago. I now have a leak that appears to be coming from somewhere above or near the drain valve solenoid. I haven’t removed the dishwasher yet, just looked at the bottom from the front during operation. The solenoid appears to be part of the motor and pump assembly, and water drips off of the bottom of the solenoid.

Water leak increases when solenoid is actuated.

The motor still runs fine, as does pump. It’s the leak and it’s origin that has me stumped. There must be a seal (or) seals associated with this part of dishwasher that has gone bad. It still sounds like it always has. It just leaks.

Can you tell me what parts should be replaced? I’m very capable when it comes to electro-mechanical devices and their repair.

Thanks in advance,

John
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Drags1998  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 2:11:42 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

John, The seal in the pump is failing, From 26yrs. experience, JUST replace the pump and motor. If you replace the seal in the pump, It MAY last a VERY SHORT time, or it may leak the 1st load. The motor is developing end-play from wear, That can not be repaired!!!! The new,replacement pump and Motor is a MUCH BETTER UNIT. and its much quieter!!!!! If the rest of the unit is in good shape,I would repair the dishwasher, If there is ANY rust, Replace it!!!:)
John Hensler  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 5:31:05 PM(UTC)
John Hensler

Dear Drags1998:

Thanks for the response. Would you know the part number for that motor/pump asembly? The dishwasher does not appear to be rusted and is in pretty good shape inside. I intend to change it out rather than replacing it.

Thanks again,

John
John Hensler  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:35:32 AM(UTC)
John Hensler

Originally Posted by: Drags1998 Go to Quoted Post
John, The seal in the pump is failing, From 26yrs. experience, JUST replace the pump and motor. If you replace the seal in the pump, It MAY last a VERY SHORT time, or it may leak the 1st load. The motor is developing end-play from wear, That can not be repaired!!!! The new,replacement pump and Motor is a MUCH BETTER UNIT. and its much quieter!!!!! If the rest of the unit is in good shape,I would repair the dishwasher, If there is ANY rust, Replace it!!!:)

Drags:

I think I've now got the part number.....

Original part (WD26X0074) was replaced by WD26X10013

I found it in (2) versions, 1-port & 2-port. My pump appears to have (2) hoses, which would suggest (2) ports.

Correct?

Also, I found a USED motor/pump.....Are there any gaskets that come with a new one (or) do I buy gaskets seperately?

Thanks,

John
denman  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 4:44:54 AM(UTC)
denman

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for GE GSD1200G06 | AppliancePartsPros.com

You may want to check the following if you have not already done so.
Seal Item 417 in the "Motor-pump section"
If it is shot I would also get 415 which I think is a push on nut that will probably be toast after you remove it.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Drags1998  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:43:20 AM(UTC)
Drags1998

WD26x10013 is ALL you need!!!!! Don't mess a used 1, The part# listed comes complete with ALL parts needed, and in My opinion is the ONLY way to go!!!!:)
John Hensler  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 12:05:31 PM(UTC)
John Hensler

Drags:

I agree. I intend to buy a new assembly. Please see my later post refering to an additional problem I'm having with a GE #GSD6200J03CC.

I have one that a friend gave me that I would use until I fix the GSD1200G06. The 6200 is said to drain slowly. Any thoughts what could cause this and a fix?

Thanks,

John
John Hensler  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 1:01:05 PM(UTC)
John Hensler

Thanks to all of you for helping in the diagnosis of my problem. I bought a motor/pump and it worked like a charm.

John
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply