Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BoBenedict  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2011 8:51:17 PM(UTC)
BoBenedict

Groups: Registered

On wash and rinse cycle, water comes in, goes through wash or rinse cycle, it tries to pump water out but no luck. Solenoid clicks on, pump motor runs, but does not pump out. I cleaned out the plastic filter in the back, under the SS filter mat, which was totally clogged with slimy residue and fully expected the pump out to now work, but no luck. It seems to make all the correct noises, but the water just sits there...............HELP!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:39:38 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Did you also check the drain hose to see if it was also plugged with that slimy residue?
BoBenedict  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 10:27:24 AM(UTC)
BoBenedict

No, but I am getting ready to pressurize backwards with water or air to see if anything comes out, just for the heck of it, would you use water or air?
ApplianceJunk  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 10:34:00 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

I would remove the hose from the dishwasher and flush it both direction with a good water pressure hose.

If the dishwasher is full of water and you can wet/dry vac it out I have been known to pull the dishwashers out and lay them on there back to keep the water in the tub, and then remove the drain hose.

Also look were the drain hose connects to the sink drain or disposal for blockage.
BoBenedict  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:53:01 PM(UTC)
BoBenedict

I was trying to do it without pulling it out, but as you know, that won't work. After sliding it out and disconnecting the hose from the pump and the disposal, I was appalled at the clog in the hose; from the check valve at the pump to the disposal, it was solid crud. Somebody must have dumped a load of dirt in the dishwasher when we weren't looking. Anyway, after cleaning the hose, check valve and pump outlet, IT WORKS LIKE A BRAND NEW ONE. If it had gone on much longer, I might have lost the pump. THANKS A LOT MR. JUNK, I OWE YOU A COOL ONE OR TWO, OR THREE. Resolving this crisis has made my day and weekend...............hope you've had a good one and thanks for being here when I needed your knowledge and experience.
WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ApplianceJunk  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:56:00 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Your welcome, glad I could help.

Feel free to call me AJ ;)

Happy Holidays
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply