Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pepster  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2011 11:41:24 AM(UTC)
Pepster

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I'm having a problem with the Heat Dry button on my dishwasher blinking and if I push any other button nothing happens. I have tried disconnecting the power and turning it back on with no success. Any ideas
Lee
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2011 12:13:31 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Remove the toe plate at the bottom of the dishwasher and look for the tech sheet. See if you can run diagnoses to test it.
Pepster  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 2:17:11 PM(UTC)
Pepster

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I took the toe kick plate off and found the tech sheet. It said to press the Heat dry button and then the normal cycle button, then heat dry then normal cycle with in 6 secs. which i did. All that happened after was that both the heat dry and normal cycle buttons started blinking. After a while the normal cycle stopped blinking but the heat dry continued to blink. The instructions on the tech sheet also said and I quote "Alternative entry method if user interface is not functional: Unplug thermister or OWI sensor 2 times while user interface is unplugged (no IDs or keys present). Now I'm sorry but this may have been written in German and I'd have a better chance of understanding it. I did take the control panel off and removed the cover that was over the circuit board. There were two large plugs that could be readily disconnected. I did unplug both of them twice and reconnected, this did temporarily stop the heat dry light from blinking but after a short while it started blinking again. At this point I walked away from it and the next morning when I woke up I notice that there were no lights on and nothing was blinking. I pushed the normal cycle button and the dishwasher started. I waited for about 5 mins and left the area when I returned about 30 mins later the heat dry light was blinking again. I'm at a lost. I'm not a dummie when it comes to working on appliances. I'm an HVAC tech for our local redevelopment and housing authority and I repair Washers and Dryers, Refrigerators, Stoves and Dishwashers believe it or not.
Most of the problems I run across with them are the door switch goes bad.
Anyway My point is with the right guidance I can fix this problem if not to great. Any info you might have would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Lee
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply