Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ERob  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:50:54 AM(UTC)
ERob

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher was not cleaning properly and by the end of the cycle it was clear that the water had only become luke warm (and yes it's connected correctly to cold fill:)) -there was some residual heat at the end of the cycle but not much.

So I followed some instructions to dismantle the unit to get to the heater, unfortunately i think the instructions may be for a slightly different model, so i can't get the tank off, but can access the heater to test it from the side.

Now i've looked at your multimeter page, and my guess is the heater is ok. It has two terminals and a flow switch terminal. One terminal also has what i assume is an earth lead (green/yellow) which I just cant get off. Anyway I remove the other wires, use the digital multimeter across the two terminals. The meter starts at 1, goes crazy for a few seconds then registers 0. I think I assume from this that the heater is not faulty. Am i right in that assumption? If so what should i try next?

Any help greatly appreciated
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.