Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rtextor  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 11:32:14 AM(UTC)
rtextor

Groups: Registered

I have a Bosch dishwasher model SHV46C. There is NOTHING on the side of the door!! Recently guests failed to turn the garbage disposal on, the sink drain clogged and the sink filled up. This caused the excess water in the sink to flow into the dishwasher drain hose, filling the dishwasher and then running onto the floor.
Question 1) Isn't there a backflow preventer built into the dishwasher??
When this incident was discovered I turned on the garbage disposal, pushed the on/off switch, closed the door and everything drained properly, EXCEPT the drain pump would not turn off. I followed the directions in the manual, and pushed the two buttons for drain cancel and followed the subsequent instructions. Both lights do NOT both light up. Only the left one of the two labeled "power scrub plus" lights. The one labled "Delicate/Econo" does not light. Not suprisingly this process has no effect on the drain motor...it continues to run. It will shut off if I press the on/off switch. I have tried to start every cycle offered on this model dishwasher and all I get is continous drain motor running. I've also turned the circut breaker off for 10 minutes to try to reset the controls but this had no effect.
In February the door hinges were replaced and this process required exposing the interior of the door where the electronic controls are. We have had no problem until this overflow incident.
Question 2) Could, due to this overflow incident, water have gotten into the bottom of the door? The door was open and in the horizontal position when the overflow occurred.
Question 3) What can I try to have a regular full cycle work properly? Thank you, Robert Textor
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.