Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Terry O'Brien  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2009 2:08:05 PM(UTC)
Terry O'Brien

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I have a Bosch 8805 that has low water flow. It happened suddenly one day, the machine made a slow whirring sound when it went into the wash cycle. Actually, it sounded just like a slow gear motor -- if that means anything to you.

Anyway, low water flow didn't have sufficient pressure to move the arms.

I felt inside the circulation impeller and was able to rotate the impeller. So the motor is not seized. When I was feeling from the sump to the circulation impeller, I noticed a bit of something black that I thought was debris. When I went to pick it up, it smeared like black grease. I immediately assumed that the seals on the motor bearings were gone.

I have since removed the circulation pump, and aside from some deterioration of the plastic on the chamber that forms the exit venturi, everything looks OK (I assume that the plastic impeller is supposed to just snap into the holes on the rubber impeller base on the motor). It would appear that my black "grease" came from the small O-ring inside the short pipe that attaches the impeller chamber to the sump.

Now that I see that the grease didn't come from the motor, I am less secure in my assumption that the motor is shot.

Before I order a new circulation motor assembly, I wanted to ask if anything else could cause the motor to run slowly?

Would a bad capacitor affect the running of the motor?

Any suggestions of other stuff to check that doesn't require putting the thing back together?

One other unrelated thing. When I was pulling the base off the machine, I didn't record where the air hose was attached to the base. I assume that the air hose that starts on the right side of the machine (as you face it from the front) isn't attached to anything. Right? It just terminates in a groove at the back of the base?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.