Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joeduro  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2011 8:34:25 AM(UTC)
joeduro

Groups: Registered

I have a Frigidaire Dishwasher Model#PLD2850RDC1 that has been not working for some time. Originally the buttons would work intermittently, then they just quit working altogether, like they were just tired and did not want to cooperate.

I am attempting a DIY on this but also am gathering advice to assist me. I was told it was the latch, paid a service tech $15 to tell me that online, so I had a local service tech come out for $98 and put in a new latch to just test if it was the latch, the buttons still did not work. He wouldn't test the dishwasher with a meter unless I wanted to pay him another $50, but he said he thought it was a control board that had gone bad and he could order one for $150 because they did not have it in stock.

So I opted not to order it and went to appliancepartspros.com and ordered the control board and control panel because of the buttons problem. I received the parts, the panel was the wrong piece, my fault entirely and I replaced the control board and hooked it back up and the buttons still do not work and they are flashing PF with no capability to press the buttons with results. Basically the insert appears to not be working, this is where the buttons are.

My question is this: On the manual inside the door (which I just saw for the first time today) to the dishwasher it says if the buttons are defective replace the console, is that the insert? Please help I am pulling my hair out:mad: :eek:

We have been handwashing dishes for a month now and we are sick of it. I am also close to spending what it would cost to buy a new dishwasher on advise and parts and I still do not have a working dishwasher.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.