Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tim53  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 12:55:56 PM(UTC)
tim53

Groups: Registered

Hello:

We have a Kitchenaid Superba diswasher (don't know model number, can't find manual) with a "Classic Collection" door panel from Heartland Appliances installed by a plumber 7 years ago when we remodeled our Victorian kitchen.

Last week, the panel came loose at the bottom and the door dropped when we went to close it to do a load of dishes. Today, I took the remaining screws off and found that the plumber had installed it poorly, with only 4 of the 6 screws installed at the corner of the panel into the MDF backing of the panel, such that the screws stripped out of the MDF at the bottom.

I drilled out the MDF and installed plastic MOLY inserts and put the door back together with all 6 screws in place.

Now, the door pops open after a minute or so of running (it doesn't latch very strongly to begin with), and the pan fills and leaks onto the floor.

Did the hinges get bent? and if so, can they be repaired or do they need to be replaced?

We have the exterior panel that came with the dishwasher, and it's lighter than the Heartland panel. Should I put it back? Or is the latch worn and needing replacement?

-Tim.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.